IFPMA LatAm Ethics & Business Integrity Days – Mexico City
2 - 3 April 2019
09:00 to 17:30
Mexico City, Hotel Barceló Reforma & Palace of Medical School
This event has now passed. To browse our upcoming events click here.
Following successful Code Capacity Workshops in locations such as Accra, Beijing, Johannesburg, Dubai and Manila, IFPMA has selected Mexico City to deliver a hands-on training on the recently launched revised Code of Practice and to engage in a broader discussion about the progress and the future of ethics & business integrity in Mexico and Latin America as a whole – with regional and international IFPMA experts.
This workshop is free of charge – all time and effort is donated by IFPMA and its member companies and associations.
Workshop capacity is limited and registration confirmation will be on a first-come first-served basis. Once registered, a space will be assigned to you. Therefore, please make sure you can come or let the organizers know so your place can be given to someone on the waiting list.
You can access the registration platform here.
Hands-on Code Capacity Workshop
The workshop has been designed to provide “business case” exposure to participants on day to day topics including:
– How to properly interact with Healthcare Professionals (doctors, nurses, pharmacists etc.) for promotional and medical information sharing
– Increasing the level of ethical conduct of activities in your organization
– Insights on how to set up and run a successful compliance program in your organization
– Interactions with patient organizations
– Activities like commissioning and creation of promotional material and writing and approving copy and artwork.
– Determining promotional methods including professional representation, hospitality to doctors and the use of audio-visual and related communications technology in the organization of international educational events.
The workshop will be based on the new IFPMA Code of Practice (effective Jan 1, 2019) which forms the basis for national codes of practice within Mexico, Latin America and worldwide. Participants will receive an update on the Code and the respective interpretation – trainers are keen to engage and exchange with the audience on local implementation.
LatAm Stakeholder Forum: Trust in Healthcare Systems
The forum is designed to engage stakeholders to join forces to move ahead. The focus is on how trust in health authorities and healthcare professionals is paramount in implementing a fully efficient healthcare system.
Roundtable participants will address the progress Mexico and other LatAm countries have been making in raising their standards in the Ethics and Business Integrity space, which is contributing to IFPMA’s goal to create a level playing field in the LatAm market.
The session will be set up as a roundtable discussion with invited key stakeholders as discussants. Other participants are welcome as observers and can engage in the Q&A session.